Manouso Manos July 14th-16th 2017.
Only a few places left. Email Jess at Clearyogarhinebeck@gmail.com for information.
Please note next year’s dates for Manouso’s workshop: July 20-22 2018.
Senior Teacher from Australia: Peter Scott October 14-15th.
Saturday 14th 9am-12pm. 2.30-5pm
Sunday 15th 9am-12pm and 2.30-5pm.
$200 for whole workshop.
$120 for one day.
Peter Scott is one of Australia’s pre-eminent Iyengar Yoga practitioners and teachers, having devoted almost 40 years to the art and science of yoga since beginning practice in 1977.
Peter is a Junior Advanced 1 teacher of Iyengar Yoga, certificated directly from Geeta S Iyengar. Peter began teaching in 1982 and in 1987 founded the ‘Rathdowne Yoga Room’ in North Carlton – where many of Melbourne’s current Iyengar Yoga teachers trained.
Peter’s teaching is distinguished by his extensive knowledge of the body and yogic wisdom, the clarity he creates when teaching, and his quiet ability to inspire and guide the practitioner along the path of yoga. Peter’s classes, workshops and teacher training are a culmination of his years of dedicated practice & teaching.
His forte is in bringing together all aspects of yoga and confidently providing an accessible path to understanding this respected and invaluable tool to self knowledge.
Jarvis Chen: Sunday September 17th
Home Practice Series with Cher
Sundays June 18, July 23, August 20
BKS Iyengar always said that the home practice is the beginning of the yoga journey.
These three classes are designed to teach the skill of habit change to help you develop a home yoga practice and will be taught using a combination of seminar, practical exercises, and self-focused practice and study.
$35 for one class.
$75 for the series.
Emotional Stability Sequence with Cher
Sundays June 25, August 27, November 19th
This sequence, flawlessly designed by BKS Iyengar brings us to a place of quiet reflection, and a deep state of peace.
2.30-5pm. $25. drop in or take from your class card plus $5.
Clear Yoga Mentor program
This program begins again in September of 2018. It is a two year program that meets monthly on a Saturday for 4 hours. You are expected to be a regular practitioner of Iyengar Yoga.
“Teaching is a difficult art, but it is the best service you can do for humanity”. BKS Iyengar.
Why get certified as an Iyengar Yoga teacher?
The Sanskrit word “marga” means path. There are three paths talked about in the yoga sutras.
Jnana marga: the path of knowledge
Bakhti marga: the path of devotion
Karma marga: the path of action
The marga of yoga is a combination of these paths. By beginning this journey, you are joining an extensive lineage , beginning with BKS Iyengar, of not only teaching, but of being open to learning and understanding what it is to be a human being.
The teachings of BKS Iyengar are an invitation into the deepest understanding of the self. Certification in this methodology offers a means towards “ knowledge’ and an opportunity to bring your students along this path.
The process towards Iyengar Yoga certification is, as such, an intensely personal journey There will be moments where you run up against yourself: anxieties, fears, prejudices and of course, your hopes and aspirations. It will be a mirror for you to work. It is only through this level of deep self examination that we are able to teach.
This program is being offered as a mentoring program and not a teacher training. As such, you will need to have a recommending teacher (Certified in Iyengar Yoga) in addition to having Jessica mentor you through assessment.
The role of the mentor is to get to know your practice, to guide, steer and train your teaching to a level required to become a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher.
Here are the details:
This program offers a 9 month program. Here’s what you will learn:
– A foundational analysis of yoga asana on the introductory level certification syllabus.
– How to communicate the actions of an asana effectively with clear, succinct instructions.
– How to watch and observe students in order to move them along in their practice.
– To observe and watch yourself in a similar manner.
– To o sequence asanas correctly
– To practice teaching your peers.
– To learn basic hands on adjustments.
– Preparation for Iyengar Yoga assessment and certification.
One Saturday a month from 2-6pm. Beginning September 2016 and ending in June 2016. There will be no class in December, April, or August. It is intended for this program to continue annually.
Who can join this program?
– It is intended for current Iyengar Yoga students who have had a minimum of 2 years practice with a certified Iyengar teacher.
– It is for those who plan to be certified as Iyengar Yoga teachers.
– It is intended for teachers are committed to the journey of further certifications.
– It is for those who are certified at the Introductory level planning to go up for Junior Intermediate level 1.
It is not designed for those who would like to deepen their yoga practice or for those not planning on beginning the path to Introductory certification and onwards to the Junior Intermediate levels.
– miniumim of 2 years regular Iyengar Yoga practice.
– only teach in the Iyengar method.
– To attend minimally 1 class a week with Jessica throughout the mentoring program. It is recommended in the Certification manual to take one class at your level of practice and a second at the level of certification you are going up for.
– To attend workshops offered at Clear Yoga.
– To attend the annual workshop with Manouso Manos in July.
– A commitment to attend each of the Mentoring sessions offered for the nine month program. There are no payments for Individual sessions.
– To have Jessica as your mentor for minimally one year before going up for assessment. There is a required amount of hours that IYNAUS requires that includes this program, classes and workshops taken.
Dates and cost:
Saturdays from 2-6pm. The class may likely end before 6pm but will go no later than 6pm. The program be planned as a nine month annual program that is cumulative in content. The final class will be at the end of July, which is close to the beginning of the assessment season. Here are the dates:
Cost for all 9 sessions is $540. This can be paid in two part payments. of $270. The first installment on September 1st, the second January 21st. There will be no formal contract drawn up, but it is expected that you commit to completing the 9 months with attendance and payment.
Registration before September 1st 2016.
Please complete the following and email Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your mailing address
Your email address and phone number
Do you teach yoga?
Number of years of Iyengar Yoga practice
Names of previous or current Iyengar Yoga teachers
Level of certification
A short essay (no more than one page) on why you want to become an Iyengar Yoga teacher.
· This is the first time Clear Yoga has offered this program. Times and dates are subject to change.
Workshop Payment and Refund Policy
Your place at one of our workshops will be confirmed when paid in full only. You cannot sign up without payment and expect your place to be held.
48 hours or less prior to the workshop will result in 30% of the cost of the workshop being returned in the form of credit.
Earlier than 48 hours cancellation will result in credit for the full amount of the workshop as credit for future class cards or workshops.
If you pay and do not show up, there is no credit or refund given. In the event that the teacher cancels or cannot make it for an unexpected reason, you will either be given a refund or credit to a class card.
Thank you for your understanding