Sunday December 11th
BKS Iyengar Birthday Celebration class with Jess.
Donations only. All proceeds will go to the Bellur Trust.
There is no sign up for this event.
Sunday December 18th:
Celebrate the Winter Solstice with Cher.
Don’t miss this. Explore asana, pranayama and meditation crafted together to honor the light that we share in the darkness of winter. Cher brings her deep understanding of meditation, her knowledge of asana, and the wisdom that comes from years of devoted practice.
Save the date: Manouso Manos July 14th-16th 2017. Sign up begins January 1st 2017.
Save the date: Senior Teacher Peter Scott November 11th and 12th. Sign up Spring 2017.
Sunday January 8th
Connect to your Core with Jess
In yoga, the core is understood as a strong abdomen, lower back, pelvis, and torso. We work with the tools that are most accessible – legs and arms, that help to strengthen your spine and coordinate the work of your limbs with your torso. B.K.S. Iyengar says that yoga practice should take you on an inward journey from the periphery of your body to the core of your being. Eventually your yoga practice penetrates beyond your postural muscles, nerves, bones and organs to your inner most Self. To study your core requires an integration of all of your body parts leaves you feeling strong and supple as well as mentally and emotionally steady, connected to your inner core.
Sunday February 26th
A journey to Hanumanasana with Jess
The name comes from the Sanskrit words Hanuman (a divine entity in Hinduism who resembles a monkey) and asana (posture), and commemorates the giant leap made by Hanuman to reach the Lankan islands from the mainland of India. This asana is of utmost spiritual significance, as well as requiring significant physical flexibility. It stretches the hamstrings and groin and is highly beneficial for those suffering from sciatica, abdominal issues, and back pain. This workshop will lead us step by step into this demanding pose. As the origins of hanuman suggests – you will be transformed and transported through the practice of this pose, to a place of energy and harmony.
level 1/2 and up. $35
Details to come soon for the following events….
Sunday March 19th: A day with Genny Kapuler.
Sunday April 30th: An afternoon with Tori Milner.
Sunday June 4th: Rajashree Tuppee from Pune India.
Clear Yoga Mentor program
This program is closed for this year.
“Teaching is a difficult art, but it is the best service you can do for humanity”. BKS Iyengar.
Why get certified as an Iyengar Yoga teacher?
The Sanskrit word “marga” means path. There are three paths talked about in the yoga sutras.
Jnana marga: the path of knowledge
Bakhti marga: the path of devotion
Karma marga: the path of action
The marga of yoga is a combination of these paths. By beginning this journey, you are joining an extensive lineage , beginning with BKS Iyengar, of not only teaching, but of being open to learning and understanding what it is to be a human being.
The teachings of BKS Iyengar are an invitation into the deepest understanding of the self. Certification in this methodology offers a means towards “ knowledge’ and an opportunity to bring your students along this path.
The process towards Iyengar Yoga certification is, as such, an intensely personal journey There will be moments where you run up against yourself: anxieties, fears, prejudices and of course, your hopes and aspirations. It will be a mirror for you to work. It is only through this level of deep self examination that we are able to teach.
This program is being offered as a mentoring program and not a teacher training. As such, you will need to have a recommending teacher (Certified in Iyengar Yoga) in addition to having Jessica mentor you through assessment.
The role of the mentor is to get to know your practice, to guide, steer and train your teaching to a level required to become a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher.
Here are the details:
This program offers a 9 month program. Here’s what you will learn:
– A foundational analysis of yoga asana on the introductory level certification syllabus.
– How to communicate the actions of an asana effectively with clear, succinct instructions.
– How to watch and observe students in order to move them along in their practice.
– To observe and watch yourself in a similar manner.
– To o sequence asanas correctly
– To practice teaching your peers.
– To learn basic hands on adjustments.
– Preparation for Iyengar Yoga assessment and certification.
One Saturday a month from 2-6pm. Beginning September 2016 and ending in June 2016. There will be no class in December, April, or August. It is intended for this program to continue annually.
Who can join this program?
– It is intended for current Iyengar Yoga students who have had a minimum of 2 years practice with a certified Iyengar teacher.
– It is for those who plan to be certified as Iyengar Yoga teachers.
– It is intended for teachers are committed to the journey of further certifications.
– It is for those who are certified at the Introductory level planning to go up for Junior Intermediate level 1.
It is not designed for those who would like to deepen their yoga practice or for those not planning on beginning the path to Introductory certification and onwards to the Junior Intermediate levels.
– miniumim of 2 years regular Iyengar Yoga practice.
– only teach in the Iyengar method.
– To attend minimally 1 class a week with Jessica throughout the mentoring program. It is recommended in the Certification manual to take one class at your level of practice and a second at the level of certification you are going up for.
– To attend workshops offered at Clear Yoga.
– To attend the annual workshop with Manouso Manos in July.
– A commitment to attend each of the Mentoring sessions offered for the nine month program. There are no payments for Individual sessions.
– To have Jessica as your mentor for minimally one year before going up for assessment. There is a required amount of hours that IYNAUS requires that includes this program, classes and workshops taken.
Dates and cost:
Saturdays from 2-6pm. The class may likely end before 6pm but will go no later than 6pm. The program be planned as a nine month annual program that is cumulative in content. The final class will be at the end of July, which is close to the beginning of the assessment season. Here are the dates:
Cost for all 9 sessions is $540. This can be paid in two part payments. of $270. The first installment on September 1st, the second January 21st. There will be no formal contract drawn up, but it is expected that you commit to completing the 9 months with attendance and payment.
Registration before September 1st 2016.
Please complete the following and email Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your mailing address
Your email address and phone number
Do you teach yoga?
Number of years of Iyengar Yoga practice
Names of previous or current Iyengar Yoga teachers
Level of certification
A short essay (no more than one page) on why you want to become an Iyengar Yoga teacher.
· This is the first time Clear Yoga has offered this program. Times and dates are subject to change.
Workshop Payment and Refund Policy
Your place at one of our workshops will be confirmed when paid in full only. You cannot sign up without payment and expect your place to be held.
48 hours or less prior to the workshop will result in 30% of the cost of the workshop being returned in the form of credit.
Earlier than 48 hours cancellation will result in credit for the full amount of the workshop as credit for future class cards or workshops.
If you pay and do not show up, there is no credit or refund given. In the event that the teacher cancels or cannot make it for an unexpected reason, you will either be given a refund or credit to a class card.
Thank you for your understanding