Clear Yoga will be closed for studio classes until it is safe and legal to come back to the studio to take class. We are offering a modified schedule of “online” classes.
These classes will be conducted through the Zoom online platform that you will need to download to your phone, tablet or computer prior to the class.
There are two ways to sign up for on-line classes:
1. If you don’t use paypal: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject line the class and date you would like to attend. Payment for these classes can be through a check mailed to 17b, 6423 Montgomery Street, Rhinebeck, NY 12572, or by taking it off your class card. 60-75 minute classes are $12 and 90 minute classes are $16. Mailing a check can be done weekly. This will be on an honor system. You will not receive an invoice or a reminder.
2. Sign up using the paypal link below. You can sign up for, one, or more classes each week if they are appropriate for your level.
Below are our scheduled On-line classes for April 13 thru April 18. The following week’s classes are posted on Saturday April 18th.
Whether you sign up using the first or second option, you will be sent an email to join the class the evening or morning before your class with a web link to join a Zoom meeting of the class. Click the link to connect.
The invitations sent will be for you only. They cannot and should not be forwarded or copied or shared for security reasons, yours and ours.
Here is the schedule to sign up for one class at a time:
Monday April 13: 9-10.15am
level 1 with Jess
Tuesday April 14: 9-10.30am
level 1/2 with Jess
Tuesday April 14 6-7.15pm
level 1 with Susan
Wednesday April 15 8-8.45am: Pranayama
Wednesday April 15: 9-10.15am
level 1/Introductory with Jess
Thursday April 16 9-10.30am
level 2 with Jess
Thursday April 16 5-6.15pm NEW CLASS THIS WEEK
All levels Restorative with Jess
Friday April 17 9-10.45am
level 3 with Jess
Friday April 17 12noon-1pm
level 1/introductory with Susan
Saturday April 11: 10.30am-12 noon
level 2 with Jess
- We recognize that this situation has affected everybody’s pocketbook. We aim to keep the prices as low as we can and appreciate you helping us keep our studio afloat. If you cannot afford the prices listed please email Jess at email@example.com.
- Sign ups over email or from the website, that are made less than an hour before class will not be entered.
- We all have different connectivity over Wifi. Please note that Clear Yoga will not give refunds for classes you have signed up for, where your connection has cut out. We are looking into the possibility of sending recordings of the classes if you miss out on part of the class. Please be patient as we work this out for liability reasons.
- Classes will be adjusted for minimal props. It is recommended that you set up an environment in your home with an open space and your mat, some blankets, and a block and belt. If you don’t have props, there will be suggested modifications made. Furniture is always a great prop.
- Please check the schedule weekly, as it will change.
What can you expect from an Iyengar yoga class?
A safe, methodical, clear progression of yoga poses so you can understand every step of the way.
A different class every week that sequences the poses to develop your strength, flexibility, stamina, concentration and relaxation
Clear demonstration and explanation by well-qualified teachers so that you don’t have to guess how it’s done.
Individual correction and adjustment by the teacher when necessary so that you can understand specifically how the pose works for you.
Intro Class: For beginners
Level I: Basics (strength building)
Level II: Intermediate class (strength and flexibility)
Level III/IV: Advanced practice (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are new to the studio and would like to take this class.)
* suitable modifications can be made for pregnancyClass cards:
Drop in: $20 class
20 class card:$310 (valid for 6 months)
10 class card: $170 (valid for 3 months)
5 class card: $95 (valid for 2 months)
Pranayama 10 class card (Friday 10.15-10.50am class ONLY): $95
Intro class cards (Tuesday, Thursday, Introduction to Iyengar Yoga classes only). These cards are NOT valid for any other classes on the schedule.
5 classes: $75 (valid for 1 month)
10 classes: $140 (valid for 2 months)
Class cards cannot be shared among friends. A spouse or partner may share a card but the card will be valid for the time period set for that number of classes. (e.g. a 20 class card divided between two people will be valid for 3 months NOT 6 months). Class cards are to be used up during a set time period. Classes not used up cannot be redeemed for cash or credit. There are no refunds for class cards. Due to the charges through paypal, there is an extra charge included in your on line class card purchase. Thank you for your understanding.
One hour private class: $130. Teachers at Clear Yoga accept cash or check for private classes. Please contact Clear Yoga at email@example.com for information on a private class.
Contact Clear Yoga at firstname.lastname@example.org once you have purchased your gift card. Include in your email the paypal receipt for your purchase, the person intended to receive the gift, their contact information – email or mailing address. Clear Yoga will mail a gift card, or an email gift card.
One class $20
Five classes $95
Ten classes $170
Which class is right for me?
Iyengar Yoga is a progressive practice. All practitioners begin at level I. The knowledge gained at Introductory and level I builds upon itself over time, and lends itself towards a deeper understanding as one progresses in the method.
Introduction to Iyengar Yoga:
Beginners in Iyengar Yoga. Even those with a yoga practice will find this class helpful in understanding how Iyengar Yoga works. It is designed to acquaint students with the fundamentals of yoga postures to develop a strong yoga practice. Specifically for complete beginners. (1 hour class)
Level I: The basics of Iyengar Yoga method. Standing poses and shoulderstand. Those new to Iyengar Yoga are recommended to take this class or the Introductory class. (1 hr 15 minute class)
Level 1/2: This level is for those who are confident in their knowledge of the poses in level I and who are ready to learn the fundamentals of headstand (sirsasana). This level is designed as a bridge between level I and II. (90 minute class)
Level 2: For students who are well practiced in Level I. Standing poses are refined and Sirsasana (headstand), full arm balance, backbends and pranayama are taught. (90 minute class)
Level 3/4: For students who are strong level II practitioners. Should be able to do Sirsasana (headstand) for 5 minutes is expected, and ability to push up into Urdhva dhanurasana (full wheel pose). By permission ONLY.
Why does Clear Yoga have classes at different levels?
Iyengar Yoga is a progressive practice. This means that each class builds upon your knowledge of the last class. Each level builds upon your knowledge of the poses at the previous level. Every new action learned is a small step rather than a huge leap as you develop strength, flexibility and above all, self-knowledge.
Iyengar says we learn when we have an open heart and an open mind. The practice of yoga is about “stilling the fluctuations of the mind”. We use the body as physical therapy to help us do that.
Why does Iyengar Yoga not do general level classes?
- Science shows that we learn through repetition and progressively. The Iyengar method is designed to teach in this way so students can learn maximally.
- Beginners are overwhelmed, can get injured, and learn more slowly.
- Regular practitioners of Iyengar yoga cannot progress.
- The progressive nature of the practice and its beneficial effects is slowed down.
Our teachers are trained to work from a syllabus that comes from the Ramamani Memorial Institute of Iyengar Yoga in Pune, India designed by BKS Iyengar.