Updates on classes and workshops
Jess’s teaching schedule from September 22-October 29
Tuesday: 9-10.30pm level 1/2
Tuesday: 11am-12.45pm level 3/4
Wednesday: 8-8.45am pranayama
Wednesday: 9-10.15am level 1/beginner
Thursday: 9-10.30am level 2
Thursday: 12-1pm beginner
Saturday: 9-10.30am level 2
- Fall Intensive with Jess: November 20-22nd. This will take place on line and there will be 4 places available in the studio. Details to come soon.
- Sunday December 13th: BKS Iyengar Birthday Celebration workshop taught by Jess.
Re-opening our doors for classes
New York State has just sent out directives for the opening of gyms and indoor classes. Your health and safety is our primary concern.
We may begin in-studio classes November with a very limited number of practitioners who need to sign up prior to each class.
In between now and then we will:
– install an air filtration system to maintain healthy clean air.
– figure out space/webcam/technology so the on-line and in studio can be taught concurrently. The studio will only accommodate 4 people max. Most of you can continue with on-line classes as you have been doing.
– develop practices, procedures and protocols that will make in-studio classes safe.
– Complete the required paperwork to be submitted to the NYS Dept. of Health to comply with their regulations.
What you can do to help re-open our doors.
– Take our on-line classes. They are the only revenue we have to stay open, and have a studio to return to. We appreciate your support.
– Create an account on MOMOYOGA. This will be the only way to register for in-studio classes. There will be NO drop in option available even if you have a class card. If you have classes remaining on your studio card they will be transferred to your MOMOYOGA account. SIGN UP HERE
– Start preparing your yoga prop kit. When we do re-open, for your own safety, you will need to bring all your own props. Have a mat, 3 blankets, 2 blocks, a belt, and a bolster. You can buy props locally from YogaLifestyle in Highland, New York Clear Yoga will provide chairs as they are easy to disinfect.
– Sign up for Jess’s videos of classes recorded on zoom. These are for basic and intermediate levels and are labelled with the focus of the class. They are available on my vimeo channel.
Comments so far have been ” They are terrific ” (KN from New Hampshire),” Wonderful ” (AB from Zimbabwe), “Great and really helpful” (JG, Rhinebeck). There are 35 so far and 2-3 are added each week.
Jess teaching in England..
What is truly remarkable about on-line teaching and practicing is that it can be done anywhere, and any time!
I will be visiting my family in England for 6 weeks, from mid-September until the end of October. During this time I will be continuing to teach almost all my regular classes on-line; all that will change will be my background! My first class online will be Tuesday September 22nd at 9am EST. I will make sure all class information is on the website. Sign up for classes while I’m in England is on MOMOYOGA ONLY as I will not have access to the studio computer.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.All of the information above is subject to change as we are in a very fluid situation where, as Buddha said – “Things can change in the blink of an eye”. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you for signing up for our classes, our videos, and supporting our studio.
Recordings of past classes can be ordered from our Vimeo page here.
Below is a meditation audio file: